Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Year Flew By For The Blue Beetle

Blue Beetle (Volume 6) #2
Written by Keith Giffen and John Rogers
Art and cover by Cully Hamner

The previous issue of this series was reviewed here. When I initially began reading this issue, I was very frusturated and confused. Is this one year later or not? Whats with the jumps in time? The final page definitely puts everything into perspective. Definitely shows that you should read a comic all the way through before judging it. So apparently Jaime has been gone from El Paso for a year and he did not even know it. He thought he was just gone for one night! I like this development and I am interested in seeing what comes out of it. I suppose that it will be explored less here than in 52. I still have a hard time understanding the dialogue because I am from the midwest, not Texas nor do I have a hispanic background. Well, I understand it, I just have to read it a couple of times because I am not used to reading where people talk like that. I also really am not enjoying the art, I mean it is not bad art but it is just not to my liking. It is a little too manga influenced and cartoony. The mystery behind this invisible gang and what exactly are Blue Beetles powers do fascinate me so I would probably reccomend this but it isn't as good as I expected it to be.

No comments: