Thursday, September 04, 2008

Manhunter 31 - 34

Manhunter #31
Written by Marc Andreyko

Art by Michael Gaydos

The critically-acclaimed series continues here after a long break. It took a while to get used to the new art, but I think I like it now. Exploring the mystery of Jaurez, Mexico seems like the perfect place to take this series. I don't quite understand why Manhunter is so afraid of Iron Monro, he is not her father, I don't buy that she would be afraid of him just because of what her father did.

Manhunter #32

Written by Marc Andreyko
Art by Michael Gaydos

Andreyko always shows his appreciation for the DCU as a whole in this series and once again he shows this. He created a new female Crime Doctor for this series. I like the character, incredibly creepy, but the original killed himself. I had forgotten that Bones was black and I like that Manhunter brought this up to him when he dismissed the deaths of the girls in Jaurez. And I couldn't help but smile when Kate broke the racists' hand.

Manhunter #33
Written by Marc Andreyko
Art by Michael Gaydos

A lot of great moments this issue - Ramsey having superpowers, the surprise arrival of the group formerly known as the Suicide Squad, and the Birds of Prey. I am excited for the next issue. Oh and I have to reccomend any comic that makes a Pee Wee's Big Adventure reference (:

Manhunter #34
Written by Marc Andreyko
Art by Michael Gaydos

Oh how I love Andreyko's writing....not only does he bitch slap Republicans in this issue, but he actually has Gay Kissing! Hell ya, it's about time we get some man-on-man action in the DCU. Okay besides my perverted side, this was really good, but this series usually is. I love how much he utilizes the DCU and pays attention to it in his writing.

No comments: