Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Best With Just One Issue

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #1
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz
Art and Cover by Dan Jurgens

Who would've thought that a series starring Booster Gold would be my favorite series that DC is putting out. I know that is a bold statement to make after just one issue, but I think it is a justified statement. This was good....and I mean real good. Anyone who is fan of the DCU, who is a continuity buff, who loves the interconnectedness of this fictional universe, will love this series. It felt like 52 again reading this, it even had 52's time stamps. There were a lot of moments that made me smile in this issue. The background flashbacks to points in DCU history, Booster's rejection of Justice League membership, the last page spread, Rip Hunter's new blackboard giving away future DCU secrets in code, all of it was very exciting and promising. I can't wait for the next issue.


No comments: