Sunday, July 08, 2007

I Will Miss You Bart

The Flash: Fastest Man Alive #13
Written by Mark Guggenheim
Art by Tony Daniel


Normally I would be like oh no why did they kill such a great character. But Guggenheim writes such an amazing final issue for the Fastest Man Alive that all thoughts like that were thrown out the door. I was honest-to-god sad seeing Bart die. His time as the Flash was tragically short, and as bad as this series was at first it has become really good lately. The rogues are certainly going to pay for what they have done. Bart was loved by a lot of heroes. Seeing Robin's reaction to hearing the news is what got me the most. Tim has endured so much lately and the way that Daniel draws his reaction is just perfect. While I think the character was just annoying as Impulse, DC has done a great job of making Bart a great hero these last few years and I was so happy to see him honored the way he was over in Countdown. He got one of the best comic book funerals ever there. I am glad to have Wally back but I will miss you Bart. Rest in Peace.

No comments: