Sunday, June 17, 2007

Foul-Mouthed Metal Men

Superman/Batman #36
Written by Mark Verheiden and Marc Guggenheim
Art and Cover by Pat Lee

This concludes the Metal Men arc of Superman/Batman and I think actually conclude Verheiden's run on this title. While I can't say the same of Verheiden's entire run, I did like this issue. The art was fantastic, a lot better than last issue and I like Bruce's explanation about why he has kept the OMAC prototype around. In the end, he is being safe. He is not being an asshole. Bruce is a logical man and he is right, the whole thing was necessary. Fans may see it as stupid for him to keep it around but I like the paranoid Batman because in a lot of ways he is not really paranoid, he is just smart. It was funny to see the Metal Men swearing at Brainiac. Brainiac seemed pretty easily defeated though. But I hate when fights go on forever so I didn't mind that at all.


No comments: