Thursday, May 24, 2007

Wonder Woman 6 - 9

Wonder Woman (Volume 3) #6
Written by Jodi Picoult
Art by Drew Johnson

Ya this issue has gotten a lot of crap all over the blogosphere. Wonder Woman acts like a total dumbass here. She has been in man's world for a long time now. How does she not know about credit cards and pumping gas?!!!! Picoult is new to comics so you can't really slight her for it but this was bad. Really bad. Oh and Circe is overused at this point.

Wonder Woman (Volume 3) #7
Written by Jodi Picoult
Art by Drew Johnson


While this issue was loads better than Picoult's first issue, I still find the whole emo "Who am I?" thing going on with Wonder Woman so annoying. Shouldn't she have figured all this stuff out during the missing year. I am intrigued about what is going on with Themyscira though and the villains bar was kinda cool.

Wonder Woman (Volume 3) #8
Written by Jodi Picoult
Art by Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson

So Hypolytta's alive and kicking now. Circe brought her back from the dead, but it seems Circe is working both sides. This is getting interesting. I am beginning to actually like the relationship between Nemesis and Wonder Woman. I wonder where he think Diana Prince is all this time? I have to say Picoult's script is much better now.

Wonder Woman (Volume 3) #9
Written by Jodi Picoult
Art by Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson


Wow I really loved this action-packed issue. It certainly got me excited about Amazons Attack which is something I was not excited for before reading this. This was pretty cool. Picoult has really upped her game in four issues. I am not sad that she is leaving the book (because GAIL SIMON IS TAKING OVER) but still, she should be given another chance to show her stuff in the future because she clearly has great potential. I don't know if this is really Hipollyta or who Everyman is working for but I look forward to finding out.





No comments: