Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Nightwing 130 - 132

Nightwing #130
Written by Marv Wolfman
Art by Jamal Igle and Keith Champagne


This isn't a particular original plot. I mean we have seen the whole person draining the lives of others to be immortal in everything from Smallville to Hocus Pocus. But it was enjoyable, in fact I liked it a lot. It is a nice little serial killer story. The Bride looks nothing like she does on the cover though, which is weird.

Nightwing #131
Written by Marv Wolfman Art by Jamal Igle and Keith Champagne

I really like Bride and Groom. I hope they are still alive at the end of this arc because I think they make a nice addition to Nightwing's rogues gallery (Now if only Nightwing could get Bludhaven back ):. I am not sure if Dick meant to kill the Groom at the end or not, most likely not since it is Dick Grayson but I was surprised to learn that the bride actually does care for the groom. She doesn't seem to be using him. I really liked this issue.

Nightwing #132
Written by Marv Wolfman Art by Paco Diaz

Well, this arc couldn't have ended better. I loved it. Bride and Groom get to stay alive. I love how everyone else thinks they are dead but Nightwing, who has seen countless villains disappear and reappear, knows better. And Nightwing's subtle remarks about Bruce made me smile. I really enjoyed this arc. This was a lot better than Wolfman's first arc and I am glad. It shows things are just going to get better. (Let's hope)


No comments: