Thursday, May 10, 2007

Outsider Hunting

Checkmate (Volume 2) #13
Written by Greg Rucka and Judd Winick
Art by Joe Bennett

And this begins the Checkmate/Outsiders crossover that will run through both titles. DC seems to be doing a lot of inter-title crossover as of late (well, JSA and JLA is the other one) and I like that. I kind of miss them (I know most would disagree with me). And this crossover starts out really well. It was a lot of fun to see how Checkmate goes about catching and trapping the Outsiders and I love how Nightwing is the only member they haven't caught yet. At first, I was wondering why Nightwing seemed to be so mean to Sasha Bordeaux. I mean he does know her from her days when she hung out with Batman right? But then I remembered that she has gotten plastic surgery (not to mention, she is like what part robot now?) so maybe he doesn't recognize her. It was also cool to see the Outsiders out of uniform. I am going to have to recommend this.

No comments: