Tuesday, May 01, 2007

JSA Classified 23 - 25

JSA Classified #23
Written by J.T. Krul
Art and cover by Alex Sanchez


Wow! This issue alone has made me a Doctor Mid-Nite fan! I was never into him before but this was really cool. For the first time that I have ever seen we get to see through his eyes and see what he sees. And his medical expertise is just great! I wonder what Polite Dissent will say about this issue. The art was fantastic and the mystery is a lot of fun. Especially since the vampire subculture is not a fictional thing, it exists in real world cities as well as the DCU. I can not wait to read the next issue.

JSA Classified #24
Written by J.T. Krul
Art by Alex Sanchez and Jack Purcell


Ya I definitely want to check out Doctor Mid-Nite's mini-series from a while back. This was too good. He is like House meets Superhero. I love it. I am gald that Krul did not take the easy-way out and make the villain a real vampire. It just wouldn't fit with Mid-Nite's whole science thing. I liked this two-parter a lot. Great art too!

JSA Classified #25
Written by Tony Bedard
Art by Dennis Calero

This was another great issue of JSA Classified dealing with Alan Scott's relationship with an old villain, Father Time, and the HERO device. Really awesome premise. It is hard to explain here and give the story justice. It was a very heart-warming story about Alan being reminded how to be a hero. I loved it. The art was fantastic and I am surprised DC isn't using artists like Calero and Sanchez on some of there more high-profile books. Bedard is a great writer and I can't wait to see what he does with Countdown and the Legion of Super-Heroes.



No comments: