Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Shovels To The Head

All-New Atom #11
Written by Gail Simone
Art by Eddy Barrows and Trevor Scott

This mark's the exciting conclusion to the Atom's return home to China. The art is kinda weird and this issue was pretty gorey but I liked it. I loved how Simone plays with the reader's view of Jia. For a second there, I actually thought she might actually really love Ryan. But obviously not. She really is a gray-area character and some might even call her a villain. She's well...a bitch. The funny thing is that throughout this issue I think that I am starting to like Alvin. I mean he is a sadistic bastard but something about him makes me want to see him come back as a villain in the future. Oh and the Atom hitting him with the shovel was just gross but awesome! I wonder how accurate this story's version of Hong Kong and Chinese mythology is. Probably pretty accurate considering that I can't see Simone not doing her research. I can not wait for the Hunt for Ray Palmer next month!

No comments: