Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Uh....What?!

Robin #158
Written by Adam Beechen
Art by Frazer Irving

Wow! This story could have been good, it I wasn't distracted by the weirdest art I have seen in a long time. Irving barely even draws backgrounds or anything, Gotham City is apparently just a big orange light in Irving's eyes. I really really really really did not like the art this issue. It really takes away from the enjoyment of the story and the story isn't that strong to begin with. I liked that Klarion and Robin have struck up a sorta friendship but that was about it. I am glad this arc is over and we can get to some more Robin action. Oh and maybe some normal art. Robin has been really good since Beechen took over (minus the Cassandra Cain thing) but this arc was not his best, and I think the art made it a lot worse. Hopefully next month things will start looking up.

No comments: