Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Who Is The Ventriloquist?

Detective Comics #827
Written by Paul Dini
Art by Don Kramer and Wayne Faucher

This issue marks the debut of the all-new ventriloquist and I hope she stays around for a long time to come. Dini continues his line of great one-shot stories of Batman too with this issue. So far Dini has not failed me and I do not suspect he ever will. Kramer's art is fantastic and almost perfect for Detective Comics. Although Morison's Batman run is getting more attention, this is the better of the two series. The new ventriloquist, Sugar, still has scarface but she is still very different from Arnold Wesker. She is confident and more violent. She is not so much afraid of scarface as Wesker was. Albeit, I suppose she is just as nuts as he was. I hope she sticks around. It is hinted that we are supposed to know her from somewhere, or at least Batman is. I wonder wonder who she truly is.

No comments: