Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Checkmate 9 and 10

Checkmate (Volume 2) #9
Written by Greg Rucka
Art and Cover by Jesus Saiz


This series is brutal and can be incredibly confusing, but it sure is good. Especially this issue, which unexpectedly guest starred the Shadowpact (Who I love). I love how the Checkmate is really no-holds-barred and they do things the JLA or any superhero team wouldn't be caught dead doing. I am not sure why Sarge Steel and Sasha are so pissed at eachother this issue, but they are at odds through the whole thing. The introduction of the Thinker to the cast is a great move by Rucka, I like the character already even though I am barely familiar with him.

Checkmate (Volume 2) #10
Written by Greg Rucka
Art and Cover by Jesus Saiz


The pulled it off! They got a mole into Kobra! I was worried through the whole issue. This was certainly suspenseful and hats off to Rucka for creating that suspense. I really liked this issue. Maybe it was the magic I don't know, but it was really cool. Both Shadowpact and Checkmate kicked ass this issue and there was a lot of tension and surprise. The only thing I am worried about is did Sasha say that the Thinker could not be the White King's bishop? That would suck if he got kicked out just as I was starting to like him. Anyways, great issue. Highly reccomended.

No comments: