Saturday, January 13, 2007

Not My Cup Of Tea

Superman #658
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art and Cover by Carlos Pacheco and Jesus Merino

This issue did not really grab me much. I guess because this is esentially an imaginary "what if this happened in the future" type of story and I usually do not like those. This is the Continuity Blog and if it is not part of continuity, it usually bores me, as did this issue. Nothing too exciting or to write home about. The art was pretty good but the story was just plain. Not bad persay, it just did not excite me. Usually Busiek's writing does excite me but this did not. Next issue stars Krypto which looks interesting. It has to be more exciting that this. Although, I did like the end with Arion's theory about the rise and fall of civilizations. That did make me think. What if some bad things are supposed to happen and the heroes shouldn't stop them? But in the end, I believe Arion is wrong. But he does have interesting ideas.

No comments: