Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Barda Like To Play With Her Mega-Rod

Birds of Prey #101
Written by Gail Simone
Art by Nicola Scott and Doug Hazlewood

This is a pretty good issue, it was fun to see all of the new Birds working together and I am enjoying the new direction the book is taking. There is a little too much boohooing over Canary leaving the team but I really think it was time for her to go. Even in the comic, Barbara is too upset about it. I loved the moment where Huntress and Judomaster are making fun of the fact that Big Barda calls her staff a mega-rod. Very cute. That was a great moment. I don't know much about Spy Smasher, I think I should do some research on her. She seems like such a bitch. The only problem I had with this is I do not really find myself caring at all about the whole prison sub-plot. It doesn't interest me. I just like the character interactions. But I guess that is just a minor problem in what is a very enjoyable issue.

No comments: