Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Journey Inside Ragman

Shadowpact #8
Written by Bill Willingham
Art and Cover by Shawn McManus

This is by far one of the best series that DC is putting out and more people should be reading it. (I know I am going to be pissed on by the blogosphere for saying this, but yes, it is better than Manhunter) I really enjoyed this issue which focused mainly on Ragman. The ragman is not only a visually exciting character, but also a character with a really cool and exciting concept behind him. Willingham expresses this greatly when he has Ragman journey into his suit where his captured souls are. I think I would feel the same way that Ragman feels, he feels bad for these souls. But he is and I am convinced by the end of this issue that Ragman gives these souls redemption. He gives them all a second chance. I also loved the sequence where Ragman recognized all of the people in there. That reminded me a lot of the scene in "Chicago" where we are introduced to how all the women ended up in jail. I wonder if Willingham thought about that when he was writing this. The Shadowpact ends up defeating the Congregation at the end, because the Congregation makes a really stupid error. But they don't seem like the smartest organization to begin with.

No comments: