Thursday, January 18, 2007

JLA Classified 30 - 32

JLA Classified #30
Written by Howard Chaykin
Art and Cover by Killian Plunkett and Tom Nguyen

The story that involves the JLA in an international conflict continues this issue. I enjoyed this issue too. Not bad bad, but not amazing or anything. It was good. Martian Manhunter should still be in the JLA, that's all I gotta say. This issue shows that well.

JLA Classified #31 Written by Howard Chaykin
Art and Cover by Killian Plunkett and Tom Nguyen


This story could have been a lot better now that I look back at it. It concludes this issue well, the JLA helps the two countries get back to normal and keep the metal from getting into any government hands. At first, I thought Chaykin was writing from the perspective that America is always right type of thing, but I am happy to say that this issue shows that it is not like that. The JLA do not give the metal to the US gov even though they asked for it. So this story arc over all was better than I thought at first, but still just okay.

JLA Classified #32
Written by Dan Slott and Dan Jurgens
Art by Jurgens and Trevor Scott

This issue was much better than the last story arc and it is great to see Plastic Man again. But, it got a little boring at points and we see more of this new character, Darren Profitt, than we do the JLA and I am not particularly fond of parelell universe stories. So there were definitely some pros and cons. This issue was a little long, 40 pages was kinda unnecessary. There were a lot of great moments though. I will have to read the next issues before I make my decision if I like this story arc.



No comments: