Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I Will Never Understad The Appeal Of The Hawaiian Pizza

Green Arrow (Volume 3) #70
Written by Judd Winick
Art by Scott McDaniel

Now this is a fun issue. I think you can't really go wrong with Green Arrow, Speedy, Batman, and the Red Hood all in one issue. It would take a really bad writer to screw that up and Winick certainly does not here. There was some great dialogue in this issue, my favorite must have been when Green Arrow said, "I will never understand the appeal of the Hawaiian Pizza." I couldn't agree with Ollie more. There were some great character moments between Green Arrow and Batman and I loved when Green Arrow is talking to Speedy about Batman; explaining how Batman is well...er...Batman. I am think I like Jason Todd as the Red Hood instead of a crazed Nightwing. It just suits him better. The comment where Jason explains to Brick why he wears the domino mask under his hood is great, and a nice use of continuity (even if Winick wrote himself the storyline mentioned) This was all and all one of the best issues of Green Arrow in a while.

No comments: