Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Meta-Organ Theft

JSA Classified #19
Written by Scott Beatty
Art by Rags Morales and Michael Bair

This was a pretty clever story. I never woud have though of metahuman organ theft but Beatty apparently did. It is always good to see original story ideas in comics since sometimes I think there are none. Beatty also makes good use of Dr. Midnight's powers, especially with the arm-wrestling part. Midnight knew exactly how to take the guy down because of his medical expertise. He is a true "doctor" superhero and I think I have a newfound respect for the character now that I have read this issue. Before I thought he was overused like Mr. Terrific but now I say he is underused, he had a lot of potential as a character and I hope Geoff Johns taps this in the main JSA book. I look forward to the next issue and like Dr. Midnight I did not guess tha
t the Ultra-Humanite was behind it all.

No comments: