Sunday, December 10, 2006

GREAT Joker Story

Detective Comics #826
Written by Paul Dini
Art by Don Kramer and Wayne Faucher

I think I just read the best Joker story ever. It was just that good. Dini writes the Joker as the entertianing yet sick fuck that he should be. I expected this to be good because Dini wrote the Joker for Batman: The Animated Series and that is probably one of the best Jokers ever, but I did not expect this to be this good. It was a work of freaking art. I loved every moment. I loved how Robin was watchign the Joker do all these evil and horrific things and he could not do one thing about it. Now, I figure some will complain that Batman barely makes an appearence in this issue, but I don't think it really matters. Having Batman appear in this issue too much could have ruined it. I loved also how we get to read Robin's thoughts about how to get out of the situation, it really shows that Robin is a professional hero, he knows what he is doing and using the Marx Bros to trick the Joker was fan freaking tastic. The only complaint I would say is the flashback part of the story was a little jarring. It came out of nowhere and I was not sure if it was a flashback or not at first. Plus, it was hard to tell if Tim was talking to Dick Grayson or Bruce Wayne at first. Otherwise, perfect issue. If anyone wanted to read a good Joker story, I would give them this issue.

No comments: