Sunday, November 12, 2006

Scary Villains

All-New Atom #5
Written by Gail Simone
Art by Eddy Barrows and Trevor Scott
Cover by Ladrönn

Man am I loving this series. In 5 issues, Gail has managed to get me hooked. In fact, I did not expect to like this when I first heard of it but I am definitely loving it now. The cover, oddly enough, has to do with the last issue and not this one. Giganta is not in this issue and the Atom fell in her mouth in the last one. This issue reveals that the dean is actually working against the Atom and is actually quite evil. Ryan's father pays him a visit and he seems like a real hard ass dad. I love the mention of the way the Chinese treat their fathers with respect, nice litle cultural recognition there. Oh and the scene where Dwarfstar rips through Ricky Robot's throat was sooo cool. Definitely something I have never seen before in any medium. Sick, but cool. Dwarfstar and the dean are pretty scary villains.

No comments: