Friday, November 10, 2006

Manhunter 23 - 25

Manhunter #23
Written by Marc Andreyko
Art by Javier Pina and Fernando Blanco

Okay I know that most critics love this book, and I did too at the start. But this issue just bored me, I like Manhunter. But I find myself not caring too much about her supporting cast, especially Dylan. Plus, the whole Phantom Lady is Manhunter's grandmother thing seems a little forced. I mean there is nothing wrong with having a superhero who is not related to another one. But that is just my opinion.

Manhunter #24
Written by Marc Andreyko
Art by Javier Pina and Fernando Blanco

Okay this issue was much better than the last. I wasn't actually bored. The fight between Manhunter and Dr. Psycho was great and even the society notes that Kate can kick ass. I am not sure what Bones is getting at at the end of this issue but I suppose we will find out soon. Oh and Sweeny Todd is certainly becoming an intersting/creepy villain.

Manhunter #25
Written by Marc Andreyko
Art by Javier Pina and Fernando Blanco

False alarm, this series is definitely still good. And I hope that it will continue past issue 30. Manhunter is getting famous in L.A. as she fights Sweeny Todd in a club. Oh and Wonder Woman shows up this issue, and it is definitely Diana. Which is weird, because over in her own series Donna is now Wonder Woman. Maybe this takes place after this? Anyways, I look forward to the team up between Wonder Woman and Manhunter next issue.

No comments: