Friday, November 10, 2006

The Disgusting Return of Dr. Phosphorus

Detective Comics #825
Written by Royal McGraw
Art by Marcos Marz and Luciana del Negro

This was a nice little filler issue. In fact, it is one of the better filler issues I have read. While I did miss Paul Dini this month, these creators (whom I have never head of before) are not half-bad. They tell a story about a villain I must admit I am not familiar with, Dr. Phosphorus. But it doesn't really matter if you have heard of him or not, he is pretty damn scary as a skeleton on fire. That may be because of the art here, which is just fantastic. This art team should do more books. I cringed when Batman through baking soda on the villain, Phosphorus looked very gross after that. I imagine it would be like throwing lemon juice on a wound...that would hurt! Gordon is kind of dumn in this issue...he makes a lot of pretty rookie mistakes. But otherwise, this was a well-written little story that is quite enjoyable. Reccomended.

No comments: