Thursday, November 09, 2006

Justice League of America 1 - 3

Justice League of America (Volume 3) #1
Written by Brad Meltzer
Art by Ed Benes and Sandra Hope

Wow, did this get me excited me about the Justice League again or what? Identity Crisis is one of my favorite comic stories of all time, so I have hope for this series with Brad Meltzer as writer. Oh and not to mention Ed Benes is not one of my favorite artists, he did some great work on this issue! The storyline is good, the moments with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are perfect and I love how we rarely see their faces. Oh and for the first time in my life, I actually care about the Red Tornado.


Justice League of America (Volume 3) #2
Written by Brad Meltzer
Art by Ed Benes and Sandra Hope

This was another excellent issue. I am starting to really care about the red tornado and I never really realized how powerful he was before this. I have to wonder though why Green Lantern and Black Canary chose Roy instead of Ollie to go with them on their mission. Green Arrow is clearly the more experienced hero. I hope that that is explained. Oh and it is going to be pretty hard to deal with an army of red tornado-like robots. I hope those three can handle it.

Justice League of America (Volume 3) #3
Written by Brad Meltzer
Art by Ed Benes and Sandra Hope

This issue was pretty good, but I still can't help but wonder if this story is too decompressed. I mean after 4 issue, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are still in the damn batcave. I want to see the Justice League formed already! Oh well, maybe I am just being impatient. One thing I am confused about is is Red Tornado still human? Why does he look like the red tornado now? Is he wearing a costume? If someone could answer this that would be great. I think I missed something. Oh and doesn't Vixen need the totem to have powers?




No comments: