Sunday, November 12, 2006

Nightwing 122 - 126

Nightwing #122
Written by Bruce Jones
Art by Paco Diaz

Jason really screwed Dick over by skipping town. Now, the police are gonna see Dick as the villain. The cops hate the super-heroes thing has been done before with so many character. Heck, I am pretty sure it has been done with Nightwing before. So I guess I am not totally excited about next issue. I do hope that Cheyenee stays in the series though, even after Jones leaves the book and Wolfman takes over.

Nightwing #123
Written by Bruce Jones

Art by Robert Teranishi

I am really enjoying the moments between Nightwing and Clancy. I love how she has become Dick's therapist sort of. And it was great to see some acknoledgement of his involvement with Barabara in this title. The NYPD is really starting to piss me off, when are cops gonna learn that super-heroes are good.

Nightwing #124
Written by Bruce Jones
Art by Robert Teranishi and Wes Craig

Well it looks like Cheyenne is leaving this series after all. She goes off to hollywood this issue. Well, at least we are getting Marv Wolfman on this title. I look forward to his writing. Jones's wasn't as bad as fans made it seem though. Except for the whole Pierce Bros. thing, they were some boring villains.

Nightwing #125
Written by Marv Wolfman
Art by Dan Jurgens and Norm Rapmund


Marv Wolfman's debut issue on this title was not as exciting as I had hoped. The Rapter doesn't seem like a great villain but I am interested in finding out if he even is a villain. And what will come out of this whole, "You should have died in Crisis" thing.

Nightwing #126
Written by Marv Wolfman
Art by Dan Jurgens and Norm Rapmund

I still am not totally getting into this storyline, I have no idea why. I liked the last scene though with the funteral, those protesters really pissed me off. But in the end, I just don't care about this whole LexCrops/Biotech storyline. It does not interest me at all. Maybe I will get into it later, but now it is just going too slow for my tastes. It was good to see Dick talk of his circus days though.


No comments: