Sunday, November 12, 2006

Death of a Bat-Son

Batman #658
Written by Grant Morrison
Art by Andy Kubert and Jesse Delperdang

So it looks like Batman's son is dead. We never see a body so in a comic book, that means he could easily still be alive. I am not sure why Talia would set herself up for death, so I am going to assume that they are still alive. But he's dead for now. I doubt Batman is going to grieve much, since Damien was a brat from the day he met him. An evil brat at that. I find it hard to believe that Damien would end up as anything else besides a Jason Todd clone. In the end, I have to ask. Was this storyline needed? Or was it just a ruse to sell some comic books. I am leading to the second choice, it accomplished nothing in the development of Batman in the cover and if we erase this storyline from happening, it would change nothing. At least I believe so, I have been wrong before. I just do not think that this was one of Morrison's better works. I am excited for next month with the return of the Joker. Everyone loves the Joker!

No comments: