Monday, November 13, 2006

Proof That Art Can Ruin Good Writing

Green Arrow (Volume 3) #68
Written by Judd Winick
Art and Cover by Scott McDaniel and Andy Owens

This was a pretty good issue. I enjoyed the writing, just not the art. In fact, I despised the art. This issue would have been perfect if it was not for the horrible art. I mean take a good look at Mia in this issue, what in god's name is that. That's not Mia. She looks like a freaking monster. The writing was great, I love Ollie's monologue that focuses on his origin story, and I love the reasoning for Connor and Mia not returning to Star City. It makes perfect sense and I am suprised that I never though of it before. Judd is really thinking this whole Ollie as a politician thing through. Oliver Queen's relationship with Mia would definitely hurt him an election. People would think it was odd that the candidate was living with an HIV infected ex-hooker and won't see it in a positive light. Would have been a great issue, if it weren't for the damn art.

No comments: