Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Not Another Kryptonian!

Action Comics #844
Written by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner
Art and cover by Adam Kubert


I have mixed feelings about this issue. First off, I am worried. I don't think we need a new kryptonian in Clark's life. I know that Donner is supposed to be a "god" among comic fans because of his directing of Superman: The Movie but he is has an odd obesession with Jor-El and Krypton. And I know that I am not alone in that opinion, I read it in a few other places in the blogosphere. I don't know if that affects his stories negatively or not but I would like to see a story by him not about Krypton. Though I do welcome him to Action Comics and I hope he stays long. Anyways, why I am worried about this issue is this kryptonian boy, he seems too similar to Superman's illegitamate son from Superman Returns. That was a plot-point that nearly ruined the movie for me, I thought it was just rudiculous and stupid. The art was okay, not the best. I guess I expected more from this issue than I got. There were some good moments though and that is why I am going to wait before I judge this storyline too harshly.

No comments: