Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Green Lantern Corps 2 - 5

Green Lantern Corps #2
Written by Dave Gibbons
Art by Patrick Gleason

Once again, I went into this issue expecting not to like the space-opera storytelling. But once again, I was pleasently surprised. I am diggin the whole murder mystery feel of it and I have suspicion that Ragnor or whatever his name is is behind it all. I do hope that Natu isn't dead. I like her character a lot. The art is pretty good too.


Green Lantern Corps #3 Written by Dave Gibbons
Art by Patrick Gleason

Wow, Gibbons just keep surprising me with these issues. This issue brought out a lot of emotion in me. I was sad to see Ragnar's execution, I know he was a killer, but he seemed so sad to die, and sad to see his sister become a green lantern and not him. It was kind of upsetting. Next issue should be less sad and more Guy Gardener fun. But anyways, this was another great issue.

Green Lantern Corps #4
Written by Dave Gibbons
Art by Patrick Gleason and Prentis Rollins
Cover by Gibbons

I think this was my favorite issue so far. I loved everything about it. The Guy Gardener moments were so reminiscent of his JLI days and it really made me smile. I wasn't reading comics during the JLI era but I have recently gone back and read them and to my surprise I did like them a lot. Anyways, the Natu visiting her dead partner's parent's home was great. It paralelled how parents often feel when their child dies in the military. And I love those thanagarian lizards, they make me laugh.

Green Lantern Corps #5
Written by Dave Gibbons
Art and cover by Gibbons and Michael Bair


I liked this issue a lot as well. I love how Gibbons is portraying Mogo as the therapist for the Green Lantern Corps. I always thought the idea of a planet that is a Green Lantern so awesome so I am glad Mogo is being featured. I think I am liking this series even better than the main Green Lantern series. Bravo.

No comments: