Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Learning about the Legacy

Blue Beetle (Volume 6) #8
Written by Keith Giffen and John Rogers
Art by Cully Hamner
Cover by Duncan Rouleau


The new Blue Beetle goes on a roadtrip with Brenda and Mr. Black to meet the granddaughter of Dan Garret, the first Blue Beetle. I enjoyed this issue because any use of history or continuity just gets my blood flowing. We are still not any closer to understanding why the scarab is so different from when Dan Garret had it. The scarab never spoke to Dan or created crazy ass armor but it is not. This is certainly a mystery and one I hope gets solved soon. I don't want them to drag it out too long. Now that we have seen Dan Garret's relatives, I think it is time to see the Kords. Ted needs to get some commemoration. I wonder who Mr. Black is and who the reach is? Even more mysteries. This book is certainly full of lots of questions. I think that is why I like it so much. Good Issue.

No comments: