Tuesday, November 07, 2006

JLA Classified 23 - 28

JLA Classified #23
Written by Steve Englehart
Art by Tom Derenick and Mark Farmer

The arc focusing on the "Detroit Era" Justice League continues this issue. I must say that I like all the moments with the Leaguers but I could care less about the Royal Flush Gang and would really have enjoyed this issue more without them. Besides that, decent issue.


JLA Classified #24
Written by Steve Englehart

Art by Tom Derenick and Mark Farmer

Okay this issue kicked some major ass. I loved it. The only weakness being the parts with the royal flush gang again. Otherwise, I just could not get enough of Englehart's characterization of the Detroit Justice Leaguers. He makes me want to go back and read the old issues. Vixen's origin is written so eloquently and I am excited that she is going to be part of the current JLA now. He has gotten me to care about characters that I never gave a crap about before. Great writing. Englehart even made Aquaman's talking to fish power seem cool. Not to mention, this issue had pretty good art.


JLA Classified #25
Written by Steve Englehart
Art by Tom Derenick and Mark Farmer


This was a great ending to a great story arc. I think this series needs more arcs like this, arcs that focus on obscure parts of the JLA's history. It is revelaed in this issue that Gypsy knew about Vibe and Steel's deaths before they happened. I don't know if this is a new idea or not but it is very interesting. Gypsy is a lot more powerful than I thought and I am glad she is now a member of the Birds of Prey. I think this story arc may just have convinced me to pick up some old Detroit JLA issues.

JLA Classified #26
Written by Howard Chaykin
Art and cover by Kilian Plunkett and Tom Nguyen

This issue was okay, nothing to write home about it. I feel like the whole JLA getting involved in international affair thing has been done to death in the last few years and therefore, a story that would have been a big deal a decade ago is just another JLA story now. It is nice to see Faith again and to read a story with the JLA taking place only a little while before Infinite Crisis. It makes you think about how much has changed in the DCU since Infinite Crisis.

JLA Classified #27
Written by Howard Chaykin
Art and cover by Kilian Plunkett a
nd Tom Nguyen

This issue bored me until the end when I was just so pissed off at the league for getting involved in this international affair and creating a huge problem. Chaykin write the Justice League as being pretty damn arrogant and that is just not how I see them. Oh and the art is pretty mediocre. Not one of my favorites.

JLA Classified #28
Written by Howard Chaykin
Art and cover by Kilian Plunkett a
nd Tom Nguyen

Okay this issue sucked and I must say that this whole storyline so far blows. The JLA is acting totally out of character and shitty. They are acting like they have no experience as super heroes at all. Not reccomended.

No comments: