Tuesday, November 14, 2006

International Squabbles

JLA Classified #29
Written by Howard Chaykin
Art and Cover by Killian Plunkett and Tom Nguyen

I have to admit, after reading last issue I hated this storyline. But this issue, I kinda like it. The JLA aren't acting quite like the dicks they were last issue. The art isn't bad, but the colorist keeps changing Wally's hair color every page. At least stick with one. (Wally's hair is red by the way.) This actually made me sad that Wally is no longer The Flash and that the Martian Manhunter is no longer in the Justice League like he should be. But besides those problems this issue is pretty good. I like the idea of the Metahuman Arms race, even though it is being dealt with in 52, in 52 no company is profiting off of it like in this storyline. It was kinda fun to see the JLAers out of costume with this issue and Chaykin's narraration is spot on. Especially when he describes Superman and Bruce Wayne.

No comments: