Thursday, November 16, 2006

Superman 653 - 657

Superman #653
Written by Geoff Johns and Kurt Busiek
Art by Pete Woods

I am not going to lie, I like my Lex Luthor being the powerful corporate evil man, not a super-villain. But this was still damn good. I love the ending, Lex Luthor telling Superman, "I hate you, I really hate you."

Superman #654
Written by
Kurt Busiek
Art by Carlos Pacheco

This is the first issue of Kurt Busiek's solo run on this title. And I got to hand it to him, he knows how to write Superman and he knows how to write him well. This was basically a day in the life type of story, and it was done really well. I loved the moments with Clark and Lois, and I loved the excellent use of Superman's powers. I love how he is doing his job as well as being Superman at the same time in the scenes. Great art too.

Superman #655
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art by Carlos Pacheco

I loved the momets between Clark and Lana in this issue, especailly since I am a fan of Smallville. The other stuff was okay, nothing to get too excited but not bad. Subjekt 17 seems kind of a lame monster villain but knowing Busiek, he probably has something up his sleeve. I don't know how I feel about Superman's "Super-memory", it seems a little silver age.


Superman #656
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art by Carlos Pacheco

And I was right in saying that Busiek had something up his sleeve about Subjekt 17. Subjekt is not jsut a lame monster villain, but instead is what Superman would be if he landed in the wrong place, at the wrong time. This was a very sad character and I really hope he ends up okay in the end. The way the humans treated him was sad. I wonder what Arion was talking about in the end of this though? Definitely reccomended.

Superman #657
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art by Carlos Pacheco

In this issue, Arion tells Superman and the daily planet staff about the future he worned about. It is very "Day After Tomorrow". I really enjoyed it. Seeing the future in a comic is always fun and I don't think the DCU has had that since that arc in Teen Titans. Very cool. I wonder how they end up preventing this from happening? I look forward to next issue.

No comments: