Thursday, July 06, 2006

Tim Drake, Adoptive Son of Bruce Wayne

Batman #654
Written by James Robinson
Art by Don Kramer and Michael Bair
Cover by Simone Bianchi


Hmmm....I don't know what to think of this issue. On one hand, I loved the ending when Bruce Wayne adopts Tim Drake. This is a great step forward for them. I wonder what Dick will think of it. When Tim started crying when Bruce told him it was such a heart-felt moment, it was really the first time we had seen Tim show emotion about this. We have not seen him cry about his parents or Stephanie's deaths. I am glad this has been rectified. But on the other hand, the mystery of this whole 8-issue storyline was who framed Harvey Dent and it turns out to be some guy called the Great White Shark! Who is this guy? I have never heard of him. The ending just seemed so uneventful and too much of an easy wrap-up to the storyline. It was very anti-climactic. Also, this storyline was way too decompressed. Eight issues was just too long to tell this story. So in the end, I liked that Batman and Robin are taking the next step but I find the whole mystery of the storyline bland. I look forward to Grant Morrison next month.

No comments: