Friday, July 21, 2006

Stalled Review

Green Lantern Corps #1
Written by Dave Gibbons
Art and cover by Patrick Gleason and Prentis Rollins


I will admit, I stalled writing this review because well, I just didn't feel like reading this comic. I have never truly enjoyed a 'space opera' comic. I couldn't get through Rann/Thanagar War because I barely understood what was going on. So this series didn't look promising in my eyes. And then I forced myself to read it, and surprisingly, it was enjoyable. I mean it was not great, there were parts I didn't get but overall I liked it. I like Gibbons writes Guy, he is a cocky Guy but that does not mean he is a prick. I never liked the way Guy was portrayed in JLI but her I actually like the character. I also really dig Natu, the Corps needs a strong female and I think she fits the bill. I can't help but wonder if her claims about her power ring having a curse are true. I think she is on to something. It was also fun to see the alien who idolized the Corps and wanted to be one of them. That is something I would never have though up myself. You will love this series if you like space opera, but even if you don't, give it a try. You might be surprised.

No comments: