Thursday, June 15, 2006

Good Ole Ollie

Green Arrow (Volume 3) #63
Written by Judd Winick
Art and cover by Scott McDaniel and Andy Owens

Love the story, hate the art. That about sums up my feelings for this issue. The story is soo good but the art is driving me crazy. It's weird and disproportional. Storywise though, I am reminded why Winick is a good writer. He is really bringing Star City to life and for the first time ever, I am actually interested in the character of Brick. Ollie is right, Deathstroke is definitely up to something. He would never give up that easy. Apparently, Ollie is now a billionaire. I guess it was time for an upgrade and it is completely in character for Ollie to take part in economic terrorism against weapon manufacturers. That actually made me smile. Good ole Oliver Queen. I am still waiting for the explanation of the whereabouts of Speedy and Connor Hawke. I am dying to know. So in the end, I can't say this issue was great because of the damn crappy art. I think McDaniel is in the wrong business.

No comments: