Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Dramatic Return of Kilg%re

Manhunter #22
Written by Marc Andreyko
Art by Javier Pina and Fernando Blanco
Cover by Shawn Martinbrough


One thing I really love about this book is that Andreyko really knows his way around the DCU. He keeps bringing old tidbits from DC's history and that is great. In this issue, he brought in the little know flash villain Kilg%re. I know the character from Mike Baron's run on the flash and he was a pretty powerful villain then. I wonder if Kate will be able to take him out sucessfully. I don't know anything about the other villain this issue, the metahuman serial killer Sweeney Todd. I have never heard of him, I wonder if he is new. I should probably do some research to find out. This issue once again balanced action with a healthy does of humor. My favorite moment was the very beginning where Kate says her comment about Giant 4-headed hydra thingies. That actually made me laugh out loud. I am glad that this book is not getting canceled just yet.

No comments: