Saturday, May 13, 2006

Superman Villains United

Superman #652
Written by Kurt Busiek and Geoff Johns
Art by Pete Woods
Cover by Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson


Another good issue of this storyline. As you can probably tell from the cover, this issue returns to focusing on Superman's rogues gallery although there isn't as much characterization of them as in prior issues. I know nothing about most of these villains, they all seem interesting except bloodsport because well I guess he just seems plain. I think this was the low point of this storyline. It didn't get me as excited as the other issues although it was still loads better than this series was before one year later. My favorite moment must have been how Lois finds out that Clark had regained his powers. Pretty cool that he could be leaning on an oven and not notice. People with any knowledge of DC History will notice that Superman's power level is about the same as Earth-2 Superman's. I wonder how this ties in.

No comments: