Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Holly Does Not Quite Meow For Me Yet

Catwoman (Volume 3) #54
Written by Will Pfeifer
Art by David Lopez and Alvaro Lopez
Cover by Adam Hughes

This issue continues the trend in the DCU of formerly lame villains becoming cool. This time it is Angle Man who gets the treatment. While not on the same level that Cat Man has become cool, Pfieifer does manage to make Angle Man much cooler than he ever was here. I do not think I have ever read anything else where these Lopez guys did the art but I must say I do like it. They should probably get more work. I am not so sure if I like Holly as Catwoman still, she just doesn't seem Catwoman-like. She is too naieve and innocent, not enough femme fatale in her I guess. But I will give her a change to prove herself. Meanwhile, Selina is being a good mother of a baby whom I am not sure who the father of is. I am less convinced that it is Batman's kid this time around for some reason. Not sure why I have changed my mind about that. I am excited about the introduction of Film Freak who since reading this I have learned is an old villain. I like him, he is creepy and in a way he reminds me of my love for films and trivia. (Accept I am no villain).

No comments: