Sunday, May 07, 2006

Jay Garrick vs. The Outsiders?!

Outsiders (Volume 3) #36
Written by Judd Winick
Art by Matthew Clark and Art Thibert
Cover by Daniel Acuña


I liked this issue a lot more than the previous issue, but the art still bothers me. I mean these artists draw some ugly faces. I guess that is good when they are trying to show beaten faces but otherwise it is not. This is like the book of monkey faces. I don't like it. The story though makes up for it. There is an all out battle this issue between the Outsiders and this new mysterious metahuman speedster. And it is one of the better written battles I have seen in a while, each hero gets to show off there powers (well not Katana so much) and they get there asses handed to them. In the end Metamorpho takes the speedster out and that made me realize how powerful Metamorpho is. I think his character is growing on me. Originally I was against him replacing Shift but I am finding myself not caring as much. The ending was shocking and this has to be time travel or cloning or something. I dont know but I want to stay and find out.

But yes, I still miss Indigo ):

No comments: