Saturday, April 01, 2006

He's Not An Urban Legend Anymore

Batman #651
Written by James Robinson
Art by Don Kramer and Keith Champagne
Cover by Simone Bianch

This is the second part of the 8-part story that crosses over with Detective Comics. Part one was reviewed here. I just have to say, it is great to see Batman and Robin working together again. It reminds me of the days when Chuck Dixon controlled the whole Batman sub-universe. Ahh the good old days. I really do think we are entering a new age of comics, maybe post-modern or a platinum age. Things are just so great right now in comics and this is no acception. Batman vs. Poison Ivy, it is just so great to see this again. I wonder how they are going to explain Poison Ivy coming back from the dead though? I am sure it won't be hard to explain. I also loved the art, especially the panel where we see Batman and Robin standing next to eachother for the first time this issue. It gave me chills. I actually am really liking the new Robin costume now, despite being nervous about it at first. The death at the end of this issue though did not shock me as I know very little about this character. Oh well, it was still a great issue. Can't wait for Part 3!

No comments: