Saturday, April 08, 2006

Dark Ages of the Ocean?

Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #41
Written by Kurt Busiek
Art and cover by Butch Guice


The previous issue of this series was reviewed here. I find myself enjoying this new direction even more this issue. I am beginning to understand what they mean when they talk about the oceanscape. Kurt really shows you how the ocean in the DCU is full of intelligent life. We learn in this issue that the oceanscape has been full of battles and destruction since Atlantis was destroyed by the Spectre. This reminds me of how Europe went into its dark age after Rome fell. I wonder if Kurt did that unpurpose? I am now more convinced than ever that the dweller is the original Aquaman as he for some reason does not want to be around Mera at all. He does not know why either. And of course if he really was Orin than he probably feels guilty or strange around her. I am still interested in seeing where this goes, which is a good thing.

No comments: