Thursday, September 04, 2008

JSA Classified 27 - 39

JSA Classified #27
Written by Frank Tieri
Art by Gordon Purcell

Well, that was okay. It was a Wildcat story....nothing to get too excited about. Art was okay too. Altogether just kinda....okay.

JSA Classified #28
Written by Fabian Nicieza
Art by Steve Uy

This was a really neat Jakeem Thunder story....one does have to wonder why he doesn't just help anyone with the genie's seeming limitless powers and this story perfectly explains why. I liked this alot...even though the art was a little too manga for my tastes.


JSA Classified #29
Written by Arvid Nelson
Art by Alex Sanchez

The story wasn't bad here...I always like secret government stuff. But....the art was distractingly bad. I mean look at Wildcat in this book, he looks monsterous and so do all the heroes in this. I don't think Sanchez is suited for the JSA.

JSA Classified #30
Written by Arvid Nelson
Art by Alex Sanchez

Okay...the story is fine. But the art is even worse this issue! Ahhh I can't stand it. Check out the beginning where they are out of costume, you can't tell who is who! Some of the worst art I have ever seen.

JSA Classified #31
Written by Arvid Nelson
Art by Alex Sanchez

Okay why did that little girl look evil at the end of this? Okay the plot is a little rudiculous but the art is even worse. I really hope DC never put this guy on another book.

JSA Classified #32
Written by Junior Thomas
Art by Staz Johnson

Well this was an interesting start to this arc. Apparently the starheart has taken form as Jade, or something looks like Jade. Vandal Savage being the villain and dealing with Alan's loss of Jade I suppose makes this a spiritual sequel to the first arc one year later of this book.

JSA Classified #33
Written by Junior Thomas
Art by Staz Johnson and Mike Norton

As sweet and touching this issue was, there is a huge flaw in it. Alan Scott has a WIFE! He is not alone, he has a son and a wife....why is he not spending Christmas with them. It kinda took me out of what was a pretty nice Alan Scott story.


JSA Classified #34
Written by James Peaty
Art by Freddie Williams II

That was a good Hourman story...I always like it when the series focuses on someone other then Alan Scott, Wildcat, and Mr. Terrific...which is rare. Liberty Belle and Hourman make a great couple. Although I wish she wasn't made a damsel-in-distress in this. She IS a superhero too.

JSA Classified #35
Written by B. Clay Moore
Art by Ramon Perez

Now this is more like it. A story that isn't boring and/or cliche. I liked the whole contrasting modern Wildcat to Wildcat during the Golden Age. And I am really happy to see Catwoman appear in this. I think Alan Scott's comments to Ted were a little out of line though.
The art is superb as well although it took getting used to.

JSA Classified #36
Written by B. Clay Moore
Art by Ramon Perez

Seemed like not much happened this issue....but it was still good. We got some Wildcat being a bad ass and a flashback to his first meeting with the Fiddler.

JSA Classified #37
Written by B. Clay Moore
Art by Ramon Perez

This concludes the Wildcat arc, and I must say this one was the best so far in terms of Wildcat arcs. I especially liked the flashback to Green Lantern asking Wildcat to be in the JSA and how all the flashbacks were done to look like they could have been drawn during the Golden Age.

JSA Classified #38
Written by Mike W. Barr
Art by Shawn Martinbrough

This was an enjoyable story. I am not so much a fan of boxing, so I did not expect to enjoy it as much as I did. It deals with someone stealing the abilities of famous boxers and leaving them in an almost vegetative state. Very interesting stuff.

JSA Classified #39
Written by Mike W. Barr
Art by Shawn Martinbrough

In this final issue, Wildcat is brought back by Alan Scott - using some kind of power I did not know he had, I will have to look that up and then goes to beat the crap out of the bad guys. Works for me. I am sad to see this series go, but I still felt like JLA Classified it never really reached its potential and should have focused more on stories of the JSA then individual members.

1 comment:

kabeer said...

fre classified list
http://freeclassified.net16.net/
http://freeclassified.site50.net/
http://localclassified.comuf.com/

http://moneytricksonline.net63.net/
http://moneytricksonline.site90.net/