Friday, September 19, 2008

Donna's Inexplicable Costume Change

Titans (Volume 2) #5
Written by Judd Winick
Art by Julian Lopez

Well I have to say that was...um....kinda odd. Raven's turn to the dark side seemed kind of abrupt, there didn't seem to be hint of it in previous issues like there was during the Wolfman/Perez days. I like that Winick is acknowledging the relationship between Beast Boy and Raven that Johns set up though. And I liked the scene between Starfire and Nightwing, I know exactly what Starfire means when she speaks of the two different kinds of love. Cyborg's new legs are pretty cool looking and I think they are a refreshing change. Lopez is a good artist and I hope he stays with the title. I wonder why he changed Donna's costume back? Why did Donna have a new costume for four issues and then change back and why did no one say anything to her about it? The first scene was a little confusing, why did they girl wake Raven up in the middle of sleeping? Does Raven go to a boarding school or something?

No comments: