Friday, September 19, 2008

BATO 8 - 11

Batman and the Outsiders (Volume 2) #8
Written by Chuck Dixon
Art by Julian Lopez

God I love this series....Lopez's art is just plain gorgeous in this issue and I am actually really liking Remac....not the stupid annoying guy that controls him, but he is a cool looking hero himself.

Batman and the Outsiders (Volume 2) #9
Written by Chuck Dixon
Art by Julian Lopez

Julian Lopez's work is extremely underrated. This is some great work. I especially liked the detail put into Looker's mansion...and I am not even an art person. Anyways, it was fun to see Looker again, she is a lot less annoying then when she was with the Outsiders.

Batman and the Outsiders (Volume 2) #10
Written by Chuck Dixon
Art by Ryan Benjamin

Sadly this is Dixon's last issue on this series and he doesn't even get to finish off his whole arc with the thing on the moon. The idea of a parasite that gives metahuman powers is an interesting one. The opening page was particularly terrifying for an opening page....but I miss having Lopez on this title. I look forward to seeing how the crossover with Batman RIP goes.

Batman and the Outsiders (Volume 2) #11
Written by Frank Tieri
Art by Ryan Benjamin

Well I am happy to say that this wasn't a bad issue. I liked how all the villains ar Arkham are singing "Ding Dong the Witch is dead" because Batman is missing haha. I also like how out of all the RIP tie-ins, this one was the most tied in...even referencing more events then just the Black Glove's existence. I just wish the other Outsiders would stop picking on Batgirl....cause they SHOULD listen to her she is Cassandra Cain and she is kick-ass.

No comments: