Sunday, September 07, 2008

Booster Gold 2 - 12

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #2
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz
Art by Dan Jurgens

The second issue of this amazing series is just as good as the first. We see Booster Gold preventing Sinestro from meeting Guy Gardner way before he should and therefore cleaning up some other holes in the timeline. I love the interconnectedness of seemingly unrelated events in this series....it reminds me of the movie, Butterfly Effect, which I enjoyed a lot. One thing that confused me is they showed Dan Garett getting the scarab and becoming Blue Beetle in 1939 when I am pretty sure he is considered to debut in the Silver Age. Continuity error or mistake by me?




Booster Gold (Volume 2) #3

Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz

Art by Dan Jurgens


Haha seeing Booster Gold drunk is worth the price tag alone. Westerns don't interest me in the least bit, so I really didn't care for this issue as much the last two but it was still good.

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #4
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz

Art by Dan Jurgens


Supernova is reavealed to be Booster's Dad this issue - I do not know much about his Dad, but he sure is an asshole. I am excited for the next issue, but I know there is no way that they are going to save Barbara Gordon the fate of being paralyzed.

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #5
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz

Art by Dan Jurgens

This was a particular powerful issue dealing with the rules of Time Travel. So apparently Rip sent Booster back to save Barbara because he wanted to teach him a lesson. No matter how hard Booster tries Barbara Gordon will always be shot and paralyzed by the Joker. I like that because it is definitely one of those pivotal DCU moments that should never be undone.

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #6
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz

Art by Dan Jurgens


Hmmm I don't know if I like the idea of Ted Kord being a Time Cop with Booster but we will see. I doubt that Ted is sticking around for very long...something fishy is going on here. It was fun to relive Countdown to Infinite Crisis....probably one of the most exciting times to be a DC reader.

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #0
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz

Art by Dan Jurgens


Crossing over with Zero Hour fourteen years after the crossover ended is just awesome and totally fits in with the time traveling aspect of this series. Granted, the crossover was brief, it was still pretty damn cool. I never read Zero Hour...maybe I should check it out sometime.

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #7
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz

Art by Dan Jurgens


I love how these stories are a real treat for long time DC fans yet are easily accessible by newbies (but unlike most bloggers, I could care less about accessibility....people should do their homework). Seeing Catherine Colbert and the London Embassy was really cool. I can't wait for next issue.

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #8
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz
Art by Dan Jurgens


I had no idea that Pantha didn't have an origin. I guess that this is Johns's atonement for writing her death in Infinte Crisis. The Blue and the Gold together are a great combination. Can't wait to see the JLI back too.

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #9
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz

Art by Dan Jurgens


Wow if Ted Kord hadn't of died things would be really fucked up. I hope Booster is learning his lesson becaus


Booster Gold (Volume 2) #10
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz

Art by Dan Jurgens


So it was Mister Mind behind all of this - that is one crafty worm. Anyways, I am glad that Ted isn't staying in the book....and he is making the right choice but it was very sad to see him say his last goodbyes to Booster. Oh and could the Black Beetle be Paco in the future?
Booster Gold (Volume 2) #1,000,000
Written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz

Art by Dan Jurgens


What a perfect way to cap off Johns and Katz's run on this title. Booster gets his sister back, Batman finally gives Booster some respect, and things are looking up for Booster Gold. Gotta love the last page of this issue. Johns and Katz's did a great run on this book and I look forward to Jurgen's run.

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #11
Written by Chuck Dixon
Art by Dan Jurgens

While some of the time travel stuff in this issue could give one a head ache, it was a nice follow up to the Johns-Katz run and continues what they started. There are some continuity blips such as I am sure Booster has been to the batcave before in Infinite Crisis, but that doesn't really matter too much. It was kind of shocking to see Alfred just blatantly shoot someone though.

Booster Gold (Volume 2) #12
Written by Chuck Dixon

Art by Dan Jurgens

This issue kinda confused me. I may have to read it again. As always though, the art is amazing and the dialogue is fantastic. I don't know how I feel about going back to this period in Batman's career since well, it's been done a lot. Elongated Man's surprise appearance should be fun though.

No comments: