Sunday, September 07, 2008

Batman Confidential 9 - 21

Batman Confidential #9 Written by Michael Green Art by Denys Cowan

Okay I really hope this is a joke....I mean there is no way in hell Batman would order a hit on the Joker. Are you kidding me? If it is, this story is crap. I hope not because I do generally like Green as a comic writer. I do think the idea of Joker's smile being created by the Batarangs to be pretty clever though.


Batman Confidential #10 Written by Michael Green
Art by Denys Cowan

Okay well I am glad that Batman changed his mind at the last second, but it is still hard to swallow that Batman would have ordered the hit in the first place. The joker's emergence from the waters was a very nice scene, I especially liked the bunny on the moon part haha.

Batman Confidential #11 Written by Michael Green
Art by Denys Cowan

Still don't understand how this fits in continuity but oh well, let's just imagine this is another one of the Joker's retelling of his possible origin. It was okay issue....really the only good parts were the Joker's lines. Batman's love for Lorna Shore just seems forced and lame.

Batman Confidential #12 Written by Michael Green
Art by Denys Cowan

So the Joker's origin concludes with this issue in which Bruce ends it with Lorna and defeats the Joker for the first time. Eh....it was okay. Nothing special.

Batman Confidential #13 Written by Tony Bedard
Art by Rags Morales


Okay Bedard is a great writer and Morales is an amazing artist, but I did not expect this to as good as it was! This is by far the best arc of this series within just one issue. I want to know more about the Wrath and I love how this is not set in Year One but around the time Robin became Nightwing. There are just too many stories set in Year One that this was very refreshing.

Batman Confidential #14
Written by Tony Bedard
Art by Rags Morales


Hmmm.....so is the ending hinting that this Wrath was the original Wrath's sidekick? I like the Wrath...he is a way cooler anti-Batman then Killer Moth ever was. Why no one has brought him back before this is beyond me. Kudos for Bedard for doing so. Oh and I do not even have to mention since this is Morales but the art is gorgeous in this issue.

Batman Confidential #15
Written by Tony Bedard
Art by Rags Morales

The original Wrath's origin is revealed this issue and it's anti-Batman to the max. But it is not lame silver agey at all, but really clever. I am really enjoying this arc. And you gotta love the Wrath-mobile.

Batman Confidential #16
Written by Tony Bedard
Art by Rags Morales

This concludes the Wrath storyline and we find out the new Wrath's origin. Very clever stuff. I like that the original Wrath kidnapped these children and most of them got killed. Kinda reminds me of All-Star Batman (:. I highly reccomend everyone pick up with this arc.

Batman Confidential #17
Written by Fabian Nicieza
Art by Kevin Maguire

Haha what an expected turn for the original Batgirl's first meeting with Catwoman. Barbara has to follow her into a hedonist club - naked times for the Cat and the Bat! Although, I have to say, from what I have seen on TV....nudists are never as attractive as these people. The art here is great since it's Maguire but some of their facial expressions are too much like they are taking dumps (:


Batman Confidential #18
Written by Fabian Nicieza
Art by Kevin Maguire

This was hilarious....Catwoman and Batman fighting it out naked. It must hurt to get kicked like that hehe. The scene in the junkyard with Catwoman and the dog was fantastic as well. This series has really picked up with the Wrath arc and this.

Batman Confidential #19
Written by Fabian Nicieza
Art by Kevin Maguire

This issue sees Batgirl and Catwoman working together against the Russian mob after they steal the notebook. The banter between Selina and Barbara is hilarious, even though they aren't fighting anymore. And I love the inner monologues of both characters.

Batman Confidential #20
Written by Fabian Nicieza
Art by Kevin Maguire

Well, I think this is the first time the Narrows has ever been mentioned in Batman comics, I am pretty sure it was only in the movies before....but not totally sure. Anywyas, I look forward to seeing Batgirl take on Arkham's villains next issue.

Batman Confidential #21 Written by Fabian Nicieza Art by Kevin Maguire

For some reason, this issue really got excited for the upcoming Arkham Asylum video game. This was an Arkham story really done well as you feel the creepiness of the place and the villain will get to you at every turn. At the same time, this story retained its light heartedness. What a wonderful surprise this arc was, I hope Fabian's Robin run is just as good as this.

No comments: