Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Batman Confidential 7 and 8

Batman Confidential #7
Written by Michael Green
Art by Denys Cowan


This was an okay issue. I liked Batman's inner dialogue and it is always fun to see a Year One Batman. But I don't know how well this clashes with other Joker Origin stories and frankly, I think this is a story they need to stop telling. So he never was a failed comedian? Is his name Jack? Was he a gangster or a regular guy? This story takes the former approach but I feel like maybe they should stop re-telling the Joker's origin because in a couple of years someone will come along and tell a different version. Personally, I think they should either say that Joker is nuts and tells different stories or stick with the "killing Joke" origin.


Batman Confidential #8
Written by Michael Green
Art by Denys Cowan

This issue was a lot better. I am starting to get used to the art and the story was better too. Seeing the Pre-Joker Joker all excited to see Batman made me smile. The Joker enjoys having Batman around, it is a game to him. I love that. Bruce's relationship with Lorna Shore is kind of dull and forced and to be honest every new Batman story seems to introduce a new girl and they never stay for long and every time it is supposed to be Bruce's love of his life. I think writers should start using proven anchors like Vicki Vale and Julie Madison instead of introducting new girls of their own.


No comments: