Monday, August 27, 2007

Batman 665 - 668

Batman #665
Written by Grant Morrison

Art by Andy Kubert

Not sure why but the first time I read this I was very confused. Now I get it. It seems Batman is being visited by three ghosts- or versions of himself. The first one was the crazed cop Batman who shot the Joker, the second was the prostitute killing Bane-like Batman, and their is a third he has not yet met. That's pretty crazy stuff. I think Morrison's run is finally picking up after all.





Batman #666
Written by Grant Morrison

Art by Andy Kubert

While I don't normally enjoy stories that aren't in continuity- this was pretty good. We meet the third ghost in this issue. It is Damian Wayne, who in the near future, long after his father is dead, has become an evil Batman who sold his soul. It was really cool and it was cool to find out what has happened to certain characters since Batman's death. I still have no idea how this is all going to play out, but that's typical Morrison fashion. It won't all make sense until the end.

Batman #667
Written by Grant Morrison
Art by J.H. Williams III


We take a break from the Black casebook storyline for this story, Morrison's new take on the silver age Club of Heroes concept. I loved it. I am not a big silver age fan but this update was really cool. We learn that their are a bunch of Batman-like heroes around the world who meet every so often as the Club of Heroes. They have really goofy names and such but Morrison write them in a completely serious murder mystery. It was almost CLUE-like in how they all meet at this house and have to solve a mystery. Awesome.



Batman #668
Written by Grant Morrison
Art by J.H. Williams III


Part 2 of the Club of Heroes story arc was in this issue. I didn't really enjoy this one as much as the first issue mainly because I had forgotten who was who. I will have to go back and read this story arc as a whole when its over. But it was good. The art is amazing. Williams is a great artist and perfect for this storyline.

No comments: