Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Return Of The Whip

Catwoman (Volume 3) #68
Written by Will Pfeifer
Art by David Lopez


This pulse-pounding issue of Catwoman was a really fast read...like I couldn't believe it was over when it was. That isn't to say that it was bad, just a fast-read. In the end, it looks like Holly is going undercover and we know she will end up at the Women's Shelter over in Countdown. I am happy about that as I never really warmed up to her as Catwoman. I wonder what Selina is going to do now that her cover as Irena is blown. Anyways, the suspense of this issue was amazing. When Selina sees her baby in the middle of the road I felt the emotion right along with her and for a second there I actually thought Selina might accidentally run over her own child. Watching Catwoman work her whip was a geek-out moment as I don't think she has used it in a while. This isn't the last we will see of Hammer and Sickle but I hope that they get a good ass kicking next time.

No comments: